Monday, February 20, 2017

Jack Skellington

This week's mug is a brand new addition to the collection. A week ago was my birthday and my lovely wife gave me this incredible Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas) mug as a gift!  She's a big fan of ol' Jack Skellington, too, so this may end up being used a few times.  

The mug is huge, at least 14-16 ounces and is all black (purple insides!) The figure of Jack Skellington is on the left side of the mug stretching nearly half way around the outside.  he is shown  standing atop a grave marker.  As you can see below, the rest of the mug is blank. 
This is the new style of magic mugs where the thermo/heat sensive ink covers the entire mug, making it near impossible to even guess at what lies beneath.  I had never seen this mug before, and I was excited to see the change, so I immediately added hot water and waited. I was not disappointed.
The entire background cleared to reveal a a greenish background covered in stylized Halloween decor of graves, bats and hills just as seen in the movie!  But wait.... as I turned the mug, I discovered even more!
The design stretches fully around the outside of the mug, showing more Halloween decor of bats, and jack o' lanterns!  (The background is green on this whole mug, I have no idea why the pictures show it more blue/green.)

The mug is produced under the auspices of Disney, and the bottom of the mug has all the legal mumbo jumbo.
  


DESIGN:  Full, 3 Sided
THERMOCHROMIC: 1 Color
TYPE:Retail

No comments:

Post a Comment