Monday, June 12, 2017

Madonna and Child

For the last three weeks, I've featured new magic mugs (not brand new, but certainly new to me!) Others have told me they have a hard time finding them, so it's always great to find two in one day! 


This mug is totally black and has an almost matte finish, even the handle.  



When hot liquid is added to the mug, the entire mug clears (yes, even part of the handle!) to reveal three copies of a "Madonna and Child" style painting, much as you might see on prayer candles, running edge to edge around the mug, nearly handle to handle.

I am unsure of the history of this mug, and have no idea where it might have turned up.  I can only hope that it is one of a set and there are others out there to find.  The color change is quick and, as you can see, nearly complete. A very unique mug to say the least!


DESIGN:  Full, 3 Sided
THERMOCHROMIC: 1 Color
TYPE:  Retail?

No comments:

Post a Comment