Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pangaea - the Lost Continent


According to legend, the continents on our planet were once connected in one large continent which we call Pangaea.  This mug beautifully shows the one continent of Pangaea on a world map in two colors on the left side of the mug. (The right side is blank.)

I chose this mug as the first mug to be shown because it is one of only a few I've ever found with TWO color changes.  As you view the mugs in my collection you will see many shapes, but this was the first I ever found with the two color change.  Most are only one.  This makes this mug the most valuable as well as the most beautiful in my collection.  

When the hot liquid is added, you can see that both the Pangaea continent AND the blue of the ocean clear to show the continents as we know them now.

DESIGN:  1 Side,
THERMOCHROMIC: 2 Color
TYPE: Freebie.  Was given free with a subscription to an environmental magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment