Monday, December 30, 2013

Dr. Who Tardis Magic Mug


This mug was posted on my WANT! pages but I was surprised to receive it as a Christmas present. Because of this, I just had to include it as my last mug of 2013.

The Tardis is a Space and Time traveling craft used by Dr. Who on the Dr Who television series created and broadcast on the BBC (here in the USA, we see it on BBC-America) The Mug shows the Tardis on one side of the mug, in a city setting and a view of 'empty' space on the other. When the mug gets hot, the Tardis disappears from the city setting and is revealed in Space.

In the world of Magic Mugs (Thermochromic/thermochromatic Mugs) this is the top of the line, as it is (as far as I know) the ONLY mug with a Full Color Change. (In fact, before this mug, I had only seen one mug with a 2 Color Change - The Mythical Continent of Pangea.)  The Tardis is a full color graphic which clears when hot.  Beautiful and highly desirable!  I also note that this mug is what must be called a 2-Plus sided design, where the two sides are separated by the Dr Who Graphic laid sideways.


In addition, I also have the full color box which came with it, viewed below. The box is full of great graphics including on the closing tab.  (The box says 'add coffee', but any hot beverage will work, even hot water!)
The front and back of the box are almost identical.  

And, if that weren't enough, the bottom of the mug also has information about copyright and production.



DESIGN:  2+ Sided
THERMOCHROMIC: Full Color
TYPE: Retail Purchase (Gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment