Monday, May 15, 2017

Noah and the Ark

Today's mug is brand new.  Ok, so not new, but new to me and my collection.  The lovely Mrs. and I were making a stop at a local thrift store and this jumped out at me and said, "Take Me Home!"  

The design is a full wrap around design showing Noah's Ark adrift in the big storm. Lightning flashing over head and sheets of rain almost obscure the ark itself.  There in the top center is the dove returning to the ark with news of land.  On the left is the copyright by Wondermugs USA.

When hot liquid is added, the magic really happens.  The entire design clears, including the dove! Now the sky is clear, fluffy clouds passing by.  The animals are all exiting the ark, two by two, and there is Noah, in the lower left corner supervising the offload below a beautiful rainbow. 


This mug is absolutely beautiful. The color change is near complete and the design is one of the best use of the magic ink idea I've ever seen! Most likely sold in religious book stores, or church shops, I'm hoping this is part of a series and there are others out there to find!  All in all a great addition to my collection!

DESIGN:  Full, 3 Sided
THERMOCHROMIC: 1 Color
TYPE:  Retail

No comments:

Post a Comment